Friday, August 6, 2010

My Favorite Artist

The following are just a very few of Jessica's drawings. She loves, loves, loves to draw and does daily. In fact I've given up the fight and coloring books and crayons are a permanet fixture on our kitchen table. I obviously can't keep all of them but here are some that I did hold onto. Some of them are very telling of the mood that she was in that day.

Jessica's first drawing when she was 2

She handed this drawing to me when I was on the phone. She's told me that it means two things. 1. I'm nice to the people on the phone and I smile when I talk to them and I don't smile when I talk to her and Tori.
2. When I'm on the phone I don't pay attention to her and she gets sad that I don't play with her.
Notice all the cats in this picture?! We actually don't have 4 cats let alone even 1. She told me that she was going to try to talk to daddy into letting us get some cats. One for each of us!
This picture looks innocent enough until you look closely at Tori. She drew the picture without Tori in it because she wanted to be an only child that day and wished she didn't have a sister. I made her draw in Tori, which is why she's in red and not drawn as nicely as the rest of us.
All about her dad
This is a picture of how her wedding cake is going to look--she is one of those girls that has the entire thing already planned out. Some of the details are it's going to be outside at sunset.
A pretty flower
She gave this to me for Valentine's Day
Ahhh....happier times when she's not resenting me
This is a picture she drew for her best friend in pre-school Ellen
This is one of her earlier works and it's of me and her
And finally Toribelle....
Tori's first drawing-age 2

0 comments: